Sunday 27 December 2015

[cobirds] Re: Valmont Rez, Boulder County, Dec. 25

I am another person who questions the criteria for postings on eBird to show up in the main listings. I reported a common loon at Valmont in early December, but I don't know if it ever showed up in the main list. More recently, I reported a gray catbird that we spotted during the CBC on Dec 20th, but it hasn't shown up in the main listings as of this morning. These birds show up in my lists, as far as I know (I can see them when I open individual reports), but don't always make it on the main "overview" list. To see what birds have been reported, I look for places that I am interested in, and open the individual reports to see what was reported there. eBbird may be a useful tool overall, but I don't have complete confidence that the "overview" listing page will contain everything that has been spotted, especially birds that are unusual for the location or date. I suppose a flawed tool is better than no tool at all, as the information is there, but not always in a form that is easy to use. Once you figure out the quirks, it can be a helpful source of information.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/86e82bab-4e13-4143-a537-9a27fc4f8c93%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment