Monday 28 December 2015

[cobirds] Pine Grosbeak - Golden - Jeffco

Birders,
For a very brief time there was a male Pine Grosbeak on the feeders in front of the house.  As I was finishing putting out the feeders, I heard a loud clear call that made me think Grosbeak and when I looked, I saw this large (compared to siskins and juncos) red bird with bold white wing stripes.  By the time I grabbed binocs it was gone but I heard the call again to the north.  (I haven't heard it or seen it in the last 10 min.)  I then checked the call on Sibley's and it was a dead on match for PIGR.  Keep your eyes and ears open if you come up.  
I haven't seen any of the more unusual birds this a.m. but I did sleep late.

--
Ira Sanders
Golden, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CABF3siFDMp3DTERXE14eH7JG2A2_4rvXqg-U2x7gxWauXxyK7A%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment