Wednesday 23 December 2015

[cobirds] Fw: Purple Sandpiper in west central Kansas 12/23/15


A rare bird in Kansas, that Colorado people may want to keep an eye out for in Colorado.

Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West, CO



----- Forwarded Message -----
From: mike rader 
To: KSBIRD-L@LISTSERV.KSU.EDU

Hi all,


Dave Klema and Brent Galliart called me saying they had a mystery shorebird off the northernmost part of Minooka Park at Wilson Lake (Russell Co.). After they described it to me, I had a suspicion as to the ID, but hen they showed me the photos they took, I'm sure they saw a Purple Sandpiper. They saw it at dusk flying to the north over the lake, so it's hard to say where it might be, but we will try to relocate it in the morning.  I sent a couple of photos to Chuck that he is going to post on the KOS website. This would be a first state record for Kansas.


Mike Rader




No comments:

Post a Comment