Wednesday 17 June 2015

[cobirds] Upland Sandpiper - Weld County

I took a drive out to the Pawnee Grasslands today and I was surprised to find an Upland Sandpiper about 2-3 miles east of US 85 on CR 114.  I didn't realize this is the road the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher is on until I got home, but I did not notice that bird this evening.  The grasslands were very active with large numbers of the common species.  I did not find any Chestnut-collared Longspurs or Mountain Plovers, but I did not go to any areas looking specifically for them.  McCown's Longspurs were pretty easy to find and I found them at several different locations. 

Good Birding,
Andy Bankert
Fort Collins

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAMvLbkhuqOjbaZ4khKWAibOopfaTqCUw4iH3RA0VXG6015xv%3DA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment