Friday 31 May 2013

[cobirds] White-rumped Sandpipers at Pueblo Res., Pueblo Co. 5/31

I stopped by Sailboard launching area at Pueblo Reservoir this morning, and there were seven White-rumped Sandpipers on the shore there.  White-rumped Sandpipers are late migrants through Colorado, so they should be coming through Colorado for another week or two.  They aren't that regular here in Pueblo, much more regular further east.
 
Below the dam, near the Snakeskin Picnic Area.  I saw Willow Flycatchers, Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Spotted Towhee, White-crowned Sparrows.  None of these breed in Pueblo.

Early this morning, like 330am, I heard a Common Nighthawk out my window in Pueblo West.  Last week, after mid-night I heard a Barn Owl out my window in Pueblo West.  Leaving the window open, so I can hear night time birds, seems to be a good idea recently.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment