Saturday 25 May 2013

[cobirds] Lower White Ranch P, Jeffco-forgot Blue Jay--Say's Phoebe nesting

Paula’s post just reminded me that I forgot to mention the one Blue Jay that we saw at lower White Ranch OS P yesterday.  I had never seen one there before.

 

Also, my Say’s Phoebes finally returned after a month’s absence during the many snows, and she is building a nest in the same box she used to raise two broods of 2 + 5 last year.  A neighbor has a Broad-tailed Hummingbird sitting on a nest she built on the U-shaped hanger for her potted Fuchsia!  Now, to find a black-chinned nest!  They are coming to my feeders daily!

 

Kay

 

Kayleen A. Niyo, Ph.D.

Niyo Scientific Communications

5651 Garnet St.

Golden, CO 80403

303.679.6646

Kay@KayNiyo.com; www.KayNiyo.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment