Monday 30 August 2021

[cobirds] Plenty of Poorwills; field trip opportunity 9/1

With about 3.5 weeks until the Common Poorwill departs the Front Range foothills to be south, poorwills are pretty plentiful right now. On a 8/28 evening DFO field trip to the hogbacks at Ken Caryl Ranch we heard at least 17 poorwills calling over a half mile walk, and I heard 14 calling last evening 8/29 at another half mile segment in the hogbacks. I heard five calling from my home on 8/29, in the distance calling also from the hogbacks. I hear one now and again from home, but five at once was a lot.  

Space is available on another DFO evening outing I will lead to Ken Caryl to seek poorwills on Wednesday Sept 1. Details and registration are here:
https://dfobirds.org/FieldTrips.aspx

David Suddjian 
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment