Sunday 22 August 2021

[cobirds] Labor Day Circum-Lake-ation (again)

Good afternoon, friends!

Some of you may recall that, last year, I decided I would bird my way all the way 'round Cherry Creek Reservoir on Labor Day. Several folks joined me for some or all of that walk. We tallied over 70 species.

I'm going to do it again this year (Monday, September 6). I will leave the Lake Loop about 6:30 (as I did last year), and go clockwise around the lake, including the 12-mile Trail (which means heading north on the Cherry Creek Trail and/or the Railroad Bed Trail). 

My experience this year in birding Cherry Creek State Park has been that the number of both species and individuals has been "down". I wonder if that will be borne out on Labor Day as well!

Let me know if you're interested in joining in. That way we can share contact information for specific segment meet-ups. 

Good birding!

Gary Brower
Unincorporated Arapahoe County



No comments:

Post a Comment