Thursday 13 August 2020

[cobirds] Re: So Long McCown's Longspur, Hello Thick-billed Longspur

I'd vote for Golden Swamp Warbler any day. 

Adam Johnson
Fort Collins

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 8:16:19 AM UTC-6 The "Nunn Guy" wrote:
Hi all

Funny seeing this post because in our iNaturalist project it keeps coming back with "Thick-billed Longspur (McCown's Longspur)" when I post bird photos and I sat there wondering "why do they have this?" ... now I know. Thanks Richard.

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn

 
On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 4:57:46 PM UTC-6, Richard Trinkner wrote:
Forgive me if this has already been covered on Cobirds.  I don't recall seeing it's discussion.

The AOU decided last Friday to rename the bird-fomerly-known-as-McCown's-Longspur to the Thick-billed Longspur.  I personally had not realized how controversial the bird's former namesake was.


I would imagine we'll be seeing the change in eBird soon.

Richard Trinkner
Boulder

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/71978aa4-5100-4047-9d56-1db95f1a81dbn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment