Tuesday 25 August 2020

[cobirds] Broad-Tailed Hummingbird breeding locations for research

Hello,

I am currently working with Dr. Alejandro Rico-Guevara from the University of Washington. I am working on data collection for flight trajectories of various hummingbird species based out of Colombia. the experiment includes multiple cameras filming feeders and specific trajectories are chosen to be mapped out 3 dimensional and the position data can be tracked as well as its derivatives (velocity, acceleration).

My plan is to try and emulate this experiment but with the breeding behavior of Broad-tailed hummingbirds in CO. I understand the breeding season is short and over for now but I was hoping to get a head start for next year. My question for you all is regarding finding suitable spots to try and get good recordings. 

It looks like a lot of spots don't require permits since I won't be interacting with the birds other than filming. So now I just wanted to scout out some potential locations.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Robert Hanna

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/5901bc13-8a15-47cf-bfb5-9df295dcde9fn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment