Monday 17 August 2020

[cobirds] Re: RFI - Black tern and yellow-billed cuckoo

Bryan,
To Bill Ford's comments, I saw Black Terns at Prewitt Res last Tues the 11th,
Prewitt Res inlet canal (dirt road S of the reservoir with numerous turn-ins toward the canal) is where I most often see Yellow-billed Cuckoos, in the more open fields with russian olives and other deciduous bushes / smaller trees. I didn't see them last Tues but it was a hot mid-day. I'm not sure if they're vocalizing now, early might be best.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO

On Monday, August 17, 2020 at 12:54:39 PM UTC-6, modise wrote:
All,

My wife and I were planning a mountain day Wednesday but, with all the wildfires, we decided to venture northeast from Denver along the I-76 corridor.  Two birds we are missing from our life list are black tern and yellow-billed cuckoo.

If anyone has recommendations for good spots along the way for these birds, I'd love to hear them!

We have the Holt book "A Birder's Guide to Colorado" and are thinking to start at Dodd Bridge SWA and work our way back towards Denver.

Thank you in advance!

Bryan Arnold
Littleton, Jefferson County

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/ddccc608-bbdc-4945-a6ae-42d21dd7ac5fo%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment