Tuesday 31 March 2020

[cobirds] Sage Thrasher, Boulder Co.

CObirders,
On a 4-mile walk around the periphery of Davidson Mesa Open Space in Louisville this morning, I saw and heard (love its call) 4 pairs of Say's Phoebes! They tend to be on parts of the Mesa that are closer to buildings.

The best bird for me was a Sage Thrasher! It landed briefly on a barbed wire fence right by me! I was on the far west end of the trail, which comes very close to highway 36 where it crests a hill before going down to Boulder. Next time, I'll take my camera! It was so close that I could see it's yellow eyes without using my binoculars! I tried to take a picture with my cell phone, but it is blurry.

Paula Hansley
Louisville
Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/1A16247A-DC52-4433-B56B-9C8D56EA5DC5%40gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment