Monday 30 March 2020

[cobirds] Re: Accipiter "Fun"/Weld

Hi, Gary!
Accipiters have always challenged me, but I'm pretty sure that your photographed bird is an adult Cooper's Hawk. My first impression was Cooper's, and I realized why: it shows some of that "capped" appearance and squarish head shape that makes it look a bit "bulkier" unlike the more "cute" Sharp-shinned Hawk. It's tail is rounded off, which I'm pretty sure is the mark for Cooper's as well (Sharp-shinned would be flatter, I believe). That's a very nice photo!
That's my nickel and dime at least.
The birds are happy, and so am I
~Caleb Alons

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/e92cb7b1-8834-4c1a-a459-936924778118%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment