Monday 30 March 2020

[cobirds] Continue COBirds -YES; But need for RBA during quarantine???

I am grateful to all of you who are posting interesting yard/neighborhood sightings, as well as great ideas to improve birding skills during quarantine.

I think there has been MUCH confusion as to COBirds continuing (which it will) vs the need for the RBA (as it can encourage birders to chase birds in different regions despite clear verbal orders defined by Gov Polis today to STAY OFF THE ROADS, but for medication needs, groceries, medical care and similar needs).

I personally can not justify posting an RBA at this time, particularly when we have evidence that some people are still traveling between counties birding and aren't staying in their neighborhoods and neighborhood parks.

I will resume my RBA Compiler Volunteering when we are no longer under quarantine orders.

Each Compiler is likely to handle the situation differently and I hope everyone understands why I prefer a real COBirds discussion platform at this time for all of us wanting to talk BIRDS.

Sincerely,
Allison Hilf
One of the RBA Compilers
Aurora, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/1362F478-FDB4-4DCF-A132-2F8EE9057628%40me.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment