Monday 29 July 2019

[cobirds] Three toed woodpecker, Boulder (?) county

I saw a three toed woodpecker at Pawnee campground at Brainard lake last evening at about 8pm. He was at campsite 31. Post late because I didn't have WiFi until now.
I was disappointed that I didn't see any Canada jays or Clark's nutcrackers. I did hear hermit thrushes, saw crossbills and there were plenty of white crowned sparrows, dark eyed juncos, and mountain chickadees on my hike to lake Isabel.
A young moose ran across the road going to Brainard and 3 bull moose were in the willows south of Brainard.

Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county
Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/6BF378EF-D66A-4384-B8DA-8DC7B7E5DE08%40aol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment