Thursday 18 July 2019

[cobirds] Dusky and Boreal?

Hello CO birders,

I'm passing through CO right now on my birding road trip (thank you to all those who replied to my questions a few months ago!) and I'm still missing two species: Dusky Grouse and Boreal Owl.

For the owl, I have tried in the Grand Mesa area with no success, but I've heard they are at Cameron pass. Would anyone be willing to provide me with more specifics about this or other locations to check? I completely understand this is a sensitive species and will absolutely not be harassing any birds or sharing information.

For the grouse, I have tried black canyon without success (anybody have tips on specific spots in the park?) and am looking for any good spots. I know this bird requires a lot of luck and is difficult to pin down, but if anybody has any locations where chances are decent, that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

James Purcell
Fairfield, CT

Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/1F8F1E3A-CDCA-47F6-BFAB-08C6807D0872%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment