Saturday 2 February 2019

Re: [cobirds] South Platte Reservoir and ABA guidelines

I'm a relatively new birder, but am I wrong in stating that the very first time I see a bird of a particular species (assuming I properly identify it), that that sighting counts as a "life bird" for me, no matter where the bird is and/or where I am when I see it?

Having said that, I completely understand that the specific location of the bird (not myself) is of utmost importance when keeping record of birds seen in Jeffco, or Colorado, or whatever geographic location one is concerned with making record of.

To put it another way, I thought life birds simply came down to seeing birds that one had never seen before - separate from location (of oneself or the birds).

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Karen
Conifer, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/d32ad8db-de3e-4653-b912-a41aab9484d4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment