Saturday 15 July 2017

[cobirds] Presumed Pacific Wrens - Wild Basin, Rocky Mountain National Park (Boulder)

All - 

Yesterday I took my nearly-annual hike to Thunder Lake in Wild Basin.  This hike takes me past Calypso Cascades, the home of at least one Pacific Wren over the last two summers, so I knew to listen.  As I approached the cascades, I clearly heard the song of a stub-tailed wren.  Eventually, I located the songster as well as a second bird.  Both appear to be Pacific Wrens.   The wren was singing actively on my way up as well as on my way down - he doesn't seem particularly bothered by the crowds.  He does, however, vanish for periods of time as he moves up/down the creek.

My eBird checklist:

Good birding,
Kathy Mihm Dunning
Denver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CADLK-O%2BwVTtEbhzjcNGeJaAV3-vmftsMXFPdHtctfj2hfE6WWw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment