Monday 18 July 2016

[cobirds] Swan????

Good afternoon, birders,

As I was riding my bike home from work this afternoon, in the pond on the SE corner of Belleview and DTC Blvd sat a solitary swan. I didn't get a very close look at it, but, I've NEVER seen a swan in this neighborhood, and I've gone by that pond/fountain pretty much every day for 8 years..  Must have frown in during the day, because it certainly wasn't there yesterday

I checked the guide books, and eBird for swan frequency . . .    DANG, this would be a rare bird!  Or, at the least, some kind of escapee.

So I hopped in the car and drove back down.  It was STILL there!  I parked so I could get a photo.  Didn't need it.

Cygnus plasticus.  You can go visit it if you want; it doesn't spook.

Better birding!

Gary Brower
Englewood, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment