Sunday 17 July 2016

[cobirds] Re: Little Blue Heron (Boulder County) Yes

Hey-o

I went up to Rodgers Grove Park this morning to see the Little Blue Heron, but there was a crowd of people there.  I thought, Man Alive, this must be some bird!  Turns out there was a marathon event taking place there, so it was very crowded.  No sign of the Little Blue Heron.  I went across the road to Golden Ponds for a couple of hours, there were runners there as well, but spread out a little more.  I saw a family of Common Mergansers on St. Vrain creek, that was a nice surprise.   After the crowd thinned out I headed back to Rodgers Grove Park, pulled in on the south end, hopped out of the car, and Bingo!  The Little Blue Heron was wading around on the south side of the western island.  I watched for awhile, took a few pictures and called it a day.  No sign of the Green Heron while I was there either, although an osprey landed in the water near one of the islands while I was sitting in the car. 

Good Birding -

Jeff Parks
Boulder, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/c4035fc2-b82c-47eb-97cf-e49dc66a85c2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment