Friday 27 May 2016

[cobirds] Lewis's Woodpecker Chaffee County

Yesterday in the town of Buena Vista (Chaffee Co) I went to a place where Joey Kellner had shown me Lewis's Woodpecker a couple winters ago. I saw two during my short afternoon visit. Also present were over 100 raucous Pinon Jays, foraging from ground to coniferous to deciduous, making more noise than I could stand if I lived nearby. 

Highway 24 runs through town, turn left on Brookdale Ave, R on N Pleasant Ave, Lewis's were in the dead branches and on a wooden power pole in the parking area of Congregational United Church.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/5d3f6e61-2582-45af-9f51-8230810e4dce%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment