Friday 28 March 2014

[cobirds] Pueblo birds 3/28

Hi all,

I looked around Pueblo this morning, and found several spring migrants and other things.

Pueblo West:
Common Grackle - 1 my first of the spring (I saw three more between Valco Ponds and Pueblo City Park)

Pueblo Reservoir:
Common Loon - 2 basic plumage birds
Franklin's Gull - 2 my first of the spring
Turkey Vulture - 2 my first of the spring
Red-breasted Merganser - 1 female (Fish Hatchery Ponds, below the dam)
Herring Gull - 2 still hanging around
Clark's, Western, Horned, and Eared Grebes

Valco Ponds/Rock Canyon in Pueblo:
Eastern Phoebe - 1 singing
Brown-headed Cowbird - 6 my first of the spring
Blue-winged Teal - 8 my first of the spring
Wild Turkey - 4 my first of the year
Cinnamon Teal, Say's Phoebes, and Ospreys as usual

Pueblo City Park:
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - 1 male (NE Part of the park) my first of the year finally
Williamson's Sapsucker - 1 female (south of the pond) my first of the year
White-winged Dove - 1 singing
Pygmy Nuthatch - 2
Cackling Goose - 1 still hanging around
Cooper's and Sharp-shinned Hawk - 1 of each

Two American Avocets were at Pueblo Reservoir on Monday.  Van Truan found a Mountain Plover on Hanover Road, in El Paso County, yesterday.

Happy Spring!

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment