Thursday 2 January 2014

[cobirds] Teller County, Manitou Lake, Rusty Blackbird not seen yesterday

Went out to look for the rusty blackbirds yesterday at Manitou Lake (fee area, Teller Co). I did not find them. I also did not find the Shrike that has been hanging out.

 

Quite possible that the Blackbirds merely move anywhere up and down Trout Creek within a certain range and are still present if you find the right spot. I searched about 500 yards downstream of the dam and the marsh area upstream of the dam.

 

At least two others did go out a day after I reported them and saw the Rusty Blackbirds and Shrike. And one observer got an excellent photo of one of the blackbirds.

 

I do have a nice flock of about 20 Cassin’s Finches at my home feeder today.

 

Jeff J Jones

(jjones@jonestc.com)

Teller County - 8500' - Montane Woodlands

 

No comments:

Post a Comment