Wednesday 20 November 2013

[cobirds] Tundra Swan flew south of Walden Ponds - Boulder County

Hello,  
As an update on the Tundra Swan as of Tuesday, November 19th:   I arrived at Walden Ponds at 9:45am on November 19th.   The Tundra Swan was on the east part of Cottonwood Marsh ponds.    As I parked and reached for my binoculars, the swan took flight and headed south.   It flew farther south than Sawhill ponds.   (Don't know if it was me or the jogger + dog or fate that caused it to fly.) 
 
I'm guessing that it's moving from Walden Ponds to some of the other lakes, possibly Valmont reservoir, Sombrero Marsh, Baseline Reservoir as these were all areas it was seen last year.   I didn't have time to check these other lakes out to see where it had flown.
 
(Walden Ponds and other possible lakes are located in Boulder County)
 
Maureen Blackford
Boulder County

No comments:

Post a Comment