Monday 18 March 2024

[cobirds] Re: Flammulated Owl in yard

Since you are putting together a list I may be able to add a couple: one Harris's sparrow last winter and two this winter and one white-throated sparrow last fall. Not extraordinary but not common either.

On Saturday, March 16, 2024 at 9:56:35 PM UTC-6 Leon Bright wrote:

   COBirders, since Mary Kay Waddington encouraged me, I have added Flammulated Owl to Bryan Guarente's list. I had the great pleasure to have a mated pair fly in and perch on our cabin deck railing, about eight feet from where I was sitting. I heard a soft vocalization and turned my head slowly to see them clearly. After a few minutes they flew off into the oncoming dusk. I was able to I.D. them easily since only a few days before I had seen a Flam being rehabbed at the Pueblo Nature Center. This took place in the summer of 1972 or '73 at the end of Custer County Road 182R at 9,200 ft.

Leon Bright, Pueblo and Custer County

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/4d78f3ee-b5b6-4f87-9b2a-e631b0045ecen%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment