Monday 30 May 2022

[cobirds] central Bldr Cnty: an "upper" in the prairie

I'm feeling jubilant this morning as I was just able to add #125 to my yardlist: a Yellow-breasted Chat. We live about 5 miles straight east of the foothills ACF (as the crow flies).

The weather brought in some late-arriving White-crowned Sparrows, so I was hearing them at the same time as the local Blue Grosbeak, which is an odd duet; Western Tanager and W. Wood Pewee doing counterpoint, very fun.

Enjoy this green spring day, everyone.
Linda Andes-Georges

I acknowledge that I live in the territory of Hinóno'éí (Arapaho) and Cheyenne Nations, according to the 1851 Treaty of Fort Laramie; and that Colorado's Front Range is home to The Ute & many other Native peoples. Reconozco que vivo en el territorio de las naciones Hinóno'éí (Arapaho) y Cheyenne, según el 1851 Tratado de Fort Laramie; y que el estado de Colorado al esté de las Montañas Rocosas es territorio de Utes y muchos otros pueblos indígenas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment