Thursday 28 December 2017

[cobirds] Pueblo PRAIRIE WARBLER continues 12/28

Happy to report, the Lake Pueblo State Park, Pueblo County, Prairie
Warbler continues to survive the cold temperatures and the
Sharp-shinned Hawk, I saw it mid-morning to mid-day a couple of times.
Today was warmer, so it was out being cooperative, I couldn't find it
at all yesterday, when it was very cold. This bird has been present
since 5 Dec (at least), and I think this is the latest one ever in
Colorado so far (28 Dec). I don't think there is a January record of
this species for Colorado. I'm sure people will be looking on the 1st
and 2nd, and after.

Other stuff, I walked from Cottonwood Picnic Area to Valco Ponds
parking lot, and back this morning, it was a pleasant walk, the main
highlight was a Common Redpoll (calling low fly over) -- finally, I
must be the last person to see one in Colorado this year (my 350th
Colorado Year bird!) -- Thanks to everyone who helped me this year, I
hadn't reached this total in several years (and would not have,
without some very nice friends).

Other birds of note, were two Lincoln's Sparrows (which are like
common this winter in the Pueblo area), and a Say's Phoebe. I looked
in the area, the Northern Parula was seen on the Pueblo Reservoir CBC,
and as expected, I didn't find it.

Good birding and Happy New Year almost,

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CA%2BXeEuXg9LYhavEPSJfhm06%3Drno%3D%2B%2BjgXM-wfieC4Z99tj-eEw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment