Tuesday 26 December 2017

[cobirds] Pine warbler - Centennial, Arapahoe Co

Via eBird, a Pine Warbler was reported yesterday afternoon with photos. Many of you may have see it on the alert. I took my daughter this morning to try our luck. I easily found the feeders with suet on the NW end of the little open space/green belt area, more or less behind house 19846 E Garden Dr. 

Doug Schoch, who originally reported the bird, came out and we chatted in the light snow and 13 degree temps. Doug was quite friendly and had said the bird hadn't been seen in over 2 hours after a raptor zipped through. Figures. However within a minute I heard a warbler chip and in came the male Pine Warbler. It fed for a few minutes and vanished. I later heard it calling from pine trees to the southwest behind the houses across E Garden Place, where a couple heard only Pygmy Nuthatches disappeared to. 

See list below for map and location information.  This is between a lot of houses so park wisely and be courteous. I'm uncertain if Doug or others can specifically entertain visitors, but access is easy via the paved path and you don't have to stare into windows to see the feeders. The feeders aren't all that far from the path. 

Photos and such:

Good birding,
Scott Somershoe 
Littleton CO

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment