Friday 11 November 2016

Re: [cobirds] Mount Falcon Mystery Passerin. Help Wanted, Jefferson County

Looks like a juv Northern Shrike.  Nice bird!


Regards
- Greg Pasquariello
---





On Nov 11, 2016, at 5:56 PM, Brian Johnson <buntingrobinjay@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
On Monday the 7 I took a trip to Mount Falcon above Indian Hills, always a favorite spot. I found may of the 'typical' birds here, juncos, pygmy nuthatches ect, but the surprises was four Lincoln Sparrows still present. In the area I got two photos of a passerin I could not ID in the field thinking I could ID it from my photos later. I just downloaded the photos but I am still stumped. I think it's a sparrow, but I can't find it. Maybe a House Sparrow? It has a somewhat buffy face with a distinctive black line running behind the eye along with a white breast and what looks like a pale colored beak. The photos are not the best but I am hoping there good enough to ID this bird. So if someone could give me an idea that would be appreciated. Here's a link to my ebird checklist, the photos are the end of the list under passerin.
 
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32424910

Thanks

Brian Johnson, Englewood CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/50d62157-22fa-4e56-a010-91527c468b80%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment