Monday 14 November 2016

[cobirds] White-throated Sparrow & late Green-tailed Towhee - Marjorie Perry NP (Arapahoe)

At the very end of my walk this at Marjorie Perry Nature Preserve (Arapahoe Co.) this afternoon, I heard then briefly saw a White-throated Sparrow along the High Line Canal on the eastern edge of the preserve. This is the first of this sparrow that I've seen in my three-mile home circle in the west Centennial area.

Just a bit further east, I heard some movement in the marsh along the Greenwood Gulch Trail. I figured it was a mouse or vole that would stay invisible under the cover of brush and reeds. Or maybe a Song Sparrow. But I got a few glimpses of a late Green-tailed Towhee instead.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/23b562ab-f9c6-43ca-ab3d-c573458ac3ba%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment