Tuesday 1 November 2016

[cobirds] Good Views of Common Loon at South Platte Park, Eaglewatch Lake, Arapahoe County

I found a Common Loon at South Platte Park's Eaglewatch lake, this lake is the largest of the group of lakes at the park near C-470. It runs north-south. I have not seen a Loon at this lake before, and I got some really good views of it, best vies I have ever had in fact, I did not need a scoop. I am not able to tell you were to look at the lake, the bird was appearing and disappearing and reappearing at different locations, ranging from the fare south end, near the bathroom structure, to the fare north end near the spill way, so if you go looking rang up and down the lake keeping your eyes piled. If it is still present I would say it's worth a look, great photography opportunity also. I think it is a juvenile, but I might be wrong. Ask if you need more info,
Here is a link to my ebird check list from this part

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32328281.

Brian Johnson,
Arapahoe County

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/457e9983-96b5-4033-b74f-b1bc1c85f145%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment