Monday 14 November 2016

[cobirds] Dilute-plumaged Merlin in Fort Collins

I found a very lightly-colored Merlin in City Park in Fort Collins. The bird was perching in deciduous trees south and west of Club Tico. I have a bad-quality digiscoped shot from about 9:30 this morning. The lightness of the bird is accurate in the photo though! This is seemingly quite rare.

I hope someone else can get some better photos of this bird. I will be out there later today with my big camera! Please let me know if you spot it. My first thought when I saw it was that it was a Eurasian Collared-Dove but an America Crow was very bothered by it and so I took another look!

It flew east and perched in trees by the playground when I had to leave.

Thanks!

Jeff Birek
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

Fort Collins

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/881a50d4-e32c-48e5-927b-de103b930ee3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment