Friday 17 June 2016

[cobirds] Winnowing Wilson's, Ken Caryl JeffCo

"My" Wilson's Snipe is winnowing over Massey Draw and my home again tonight. I hadn't heard him in a few weeks, but maybe this moony night has stirred him to new efforts. (Good luck to all the Big Nighters who soon will join Ted!). I suppose the snipe has been here in the wetland section of Massey below my home all along since late April, simply escaping notice for weeks at a time. It is a fabulous sound he offers tonight, and so energetically delivered nonstop for over 90 minutes. The pair of Great Horned Owls is calling now, too. The have also been quiet for a while. But now their duet is a calming counterpoint to the spooky winnows of Mr. Snipe.

It's been a while since I posted, despite (or a casualty of) lots of birding. Permit me a belated post or two soon when I can carve out the time!

Meantime from the front porch,

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO

Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/EC95401E-7014-4ED5-9B35-96ABE9AEC063%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment