Monday 27 June 2016

[cobirds] Possible Eastern Meadowlark at Ramah, El Paso Co

Late in May/early JUne, I saw what I thought might be an EAML at Ramah Res. 
When observed in profile, I could not see any yellow on the face/malar area.
I did not hear it sing then and did not have a good look at the tail. It was perched
rather low on a stalk and just dropped into the grass. I could not refind it.

Yesterday I heard an odd Meadowlark song. Since I am not very familiar with the
song of the ESML, I am not sure if it was one. I could hear this bird but it was far to
the north in the private area so could not get any closer than the road on the north
side of the reservoir.  
Just a heads-up.
 
Also of note for Ramah was a Brown Thrasher, a first  for me there.
Good birding,
Cecile Lee
Elbert, CO
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment