Too add to Luke’s report of Philadelphia Vireos, I have been birding east and south of Baca County in Morton County, Kansas from Sunday to Wednesday morning and saw Philadelphia Vireos at several locations, and then on Thursday, 8 October I saw four in Cimarron County, Oklahoma! In Kansas, I was also seeing Black-throated Green and Nashville Warblers, and Blue-headed Vireos at several locations in Morton County as well. Seems like a big movement of those species in SE Colorado and nearby locations in Kansas and Oklahoma.
The mountain birds were also around this week, I did find Pinyon and Woodhouse’s Scrub-Jays, Evening Grosbeaks, Cassin’s Finch, a Red-naped Sapsucker all in Morton County, Kansas, and both Cassin’s Finch and Evening Grosbeak in Oklahoma, since I have been here Wednesday and Thursday.
Brandon K. Percival
Currently at Black Mesa SP in Oklahoma
Sent from my Phone
Currently at Black Mesa SP in Oklahoma
Sent from my Phone
On Thu, Oct 8, 2026 at 1:14 PM Luke Pheneger <phenegerluke@gmail.com> wrote:
Epic!!! They’re so much fun!
On Thu, Oct 8, 2026 at 11:56 AM Brandon <flammowl17@gmail.com> wrote:
I just saw two in Boise City, Oklahoma and saw a several in Morton County, KS.
Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West, CO
Sent from my Phone
On Thu, Oct 8, 2026 at 10:12 AM Luke Pheneger <phenegerluke@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I just thought I’d make a quick post about an exceptional migration event occurring in SE Colorado right now. Over the past 41 hours I have seen 8 Philadelphia Vireos spread across 4 counties. One in Las animas represented the first eBird record for the county. There were also 2 Black Throated Green Warblers at Burchfield SWA in Baca county yesterday. Not really any other rare eastern migrants around.
Luke Pheneger--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CALhMPZfCJNYdg6JuAUJpOOQ%2B34HyLSrQfD9NDs--PZSdcB9s3w%40mail.gmail.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CA%2BXeEuWCduR9mGbgO-_PFt4QMFLQGz1SuO6O8J-r3UKq%2BL4t2A%40mail.gmail.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment