Tuesday 18 July 2023

[cobirds] New Yardbird - Western Kingbird - at my Little Townhouse Yard in west Centennial, Arapahoe County

Hello Fellow Birders,
 
   I awoke ~ 7:30 this morning to a curiously melodic whirring sound wafting in the open bedroom windows.  There was also an occasional chatter that I have heard  before somewhere else but I couldn't peg it.  Looking up into the leaves of the 60-foot aspens just outside the window I could see bits of bright yellow near the top.  I put Merlin on the task and he didn't respond to the whirring, but the first chatter he heard he identifed as Western Kingbird.  Once he told me that I recognized it as well, the fact that it was 'out of place' had kept me from identifying it.  What I had was a pair of Western Kingbirds feeding four fledglings!  Assuming they hadn't flown in from eastern Colorado I have to guess they'd been nesting somewhere close by, but I've never before seen or heard them in my little townhouse neighborhood 1/4 mile northwest of the intersection of Holly & Arapahoe.

Keep Smilin',
Kevin Corwin
west Centennial near Holly & Arapahoe
 
Sent from my Remington Rand Typewriter via my Rotary Dial Wall Phone
 
 

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/337087639.1794125.1689690241715%40mail.yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment