Saturday 8 October 2022

[cobirds] Wood Thrush Barr Lake

Pretty confident that I came across a Wood Thrush at Barr Lake about an hour ago. Since I'm still a fairly new CO birder I'm not sure how often it's seen, but exciting for me. From eBird:

Details

First identified by Merlin Sound ID repeatedly, recording attached. Then it was flushed up by a cyclist and caught a glimpse but couldn't get a photo before it flew away and I lost it. It had very distinct chest markings, not covering the whole front but scattered at least halfway down. It's head and back were rufous and clearly brighter than the Hermit we had seen shortly before. The rufous color sort of wrapped around the head and there was a clear separation of coloring between head and face. Seen at around 8:45 am and not relocated after some searching. (39.9321364, -104.7560029)


No comments:

Post a Comment