Sunday 22 December 2019

[cobirds] Pacific Wren - Fremont County 12/22


While counting birds for the Penrose CBC this morning, I found a Pacific Wren along the Canon City Riverwalk in Fremont Count, between Sells Ave, and Raynolds Ave.  It was along the icy and snow packed Bluff Trail, not too far west of Raynolds Ave. near the bench on the left side of the trail.  I was able to video it on my camera, and was able to get the bird calling in my video.  I first heard it giving Wilson's Warbler like chip notes, and then saw it.  Some other birders on the Penrose CBC today, we able to see it in the afternoon.  I know there's no way to know, if this is the same bird, that was found on 12/14 on the Colorado Springs CBC, though it certainly looks like the photos of that bird.  I ended up with 43 species of birds this morning, along the Canon City Riverwalk (between 9th Street and Raynolds Ave.), which included an early morning visit at Sells Pond, which had a lot of birds.   The only other highlight this morning for me, was a Mexican type Duck, swimming with some other ducks along the River, closer to Sells Ave parking lot.  I took some photos, which I'll let others look at, to determine if it is a full Mexican Duck or more likely Mexican Duck x Mallard (hybrid).  

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CA%2BXeEuUK51perO0UV%2BHgpXR8zVtOP7Gr2b%2B6qsb7AVsU4p5MyQ%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment