Monday 30 December 2019

[cobirds] Goose hybrid at Belmar Park, Jefferson?

Hi everyone,

1000070.jpg

1000071.jpg

I was out at Belmar Park yesterday afternoon when I spotted this goose among a group of Cackling Geese. These are the best shots I could get: unfortunately he never lifted his head while I was present. You can still make out black on his crown, the white cheek bordered by a little black, and the stark white neck speckled in spots by more black. My best guess is this might be a Cackling x Ross's or Cackling x Snow hybrid, but I wonder if anyone else has any other/better ideas?

Thanks!

Max Miller, Denver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/4aedc062-c62e-43a1-ba94-eef10a3031a0%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment