Sunday 29 December 2019

[cobirds] Northern Shrike, Boulder County

Wow! I just walked outside and instantly heard the screams of a small bird in one of my spruce trees. I walked up to the tree expecting to see one of my Cooper's Hawks, but a Northern Shrike burst out of the tree clutching a House Finch within inches of my face! I could still hear the poor finch screaming 1 1/2 blocks away.

Paula Hansley
Louisville

Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/90FCEAA9-A708-4FB9-A7DF-EC86EA533AC6%40gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment