Wednesday 25 April 2018

[cobirds] Cinnamon teals, other teals, and some FOS birds in Arapahoe and Denver Counties along the Platte

Hi - I seem to be seeing a LOT more cinnamon teals on the Platte River than I can remember.  Today, around 11 a.m., I had 10 of them on a stretch of the Platte River about a quarter of a mile long, starting 1/3 of a mile south of Bowles and continuing south (Arapahoe County).  I saw four more in Denver County about a half mile south of Evans.  Interestingly, I also saw a blue-winged teal, and a green-winged teal within yards of the Arapahoe County cinnamon teal.  Not sure I remember seeing all three together like that!  There has also been a wood duck pair hanging out in the same place, although I didn't see them today.  Monday, I saw my FOY snowy egrets on the pond just south of Bowles and west of the Platte River.  I also had FOY Western grebes today on Cooley Lake (Arapahoe County).  It's nice to see and hear all the spring migrants - lots of meadowlarks and Say's phoebes!

Bryan Arnold
Jefferson County
5,500'

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/da3e71a8-f5bf-440a-b7f0-4ec65572597c%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment