Friday 26 August 2016

Re: [cobirds] Re: CBRC

For my part, I'd like to thank the CBRC and all the people who maintain CFO and its affiliated documentations. The past 12+ years of my birding life since I moved to Colorado have been so greatly enriched by the presence and easy availability of birding resources like the county birding webpages, the rare bird report submission systems, the archived review list additions and updates, books like Colorado Birds by the two Bobs, and more. I'm so impressed to learn that virtually all of this work is done on a volunteer basis - basically done just for the love of birds and birding. That is inspiring to me. What's more, my interactions with CBRC members have always been informative and timely, and I've always come away with appreciation for what goes into making the whole thing come alive. Personal thanks especially to Mark Petersen who has recently helped me understand the process of bird report submission, which I now know has undergone significant updates and improvements in recent years.

I know this all sounds overly ingratiating, but I don't care because I mean every word of it. Thanks again guys - we birders in Colorado are lucky to have what we do in CFO.

Eric D
Westminster, CO

On Friday, August 26, 2016, Rachel <r-hopper@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi Andy & COBirders,

Not sure how the CBRC can be on "vacation" since it is a dedicated hard working group of volunteers who do not get paid for their time. All of our CBRC members have lives outside of birding which include family, children, and work, so anything they do for the CBRC, CFO, and as a result a large group of Colorado birders is due to their commitment to keeping records for the state of Colorado up to date and accurate. Many, many thanks are due to all of the current and past CBRC members.

-----------------------
Rachel Hopper
Ft. Collins. CO


--
-------
Eric DeFonso
Westminster, CO

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CAFjVA_aUWP9K0CygSDLjh%3DCTLg4_Ak3%2BW_u86_qQUjjKwQo2fw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment