Sunday 28 August 2016

[cobirds] Magnificent Hummingbird Adams County

Hi All,
I walk my dog frequently at a small pond called Margaret's Pond Open Space at 104th and Legacy Ridge Parkway. There have been several hummingbirds there off and on and today there was a large number (only had two yesterday). I was playing a screech-owl mob tape and several hummers responded. Most were Rufous or Broad-tailed and a Calliope.Then in came a monster! I was a female/imm type Magnificent! Dwarfed all the others there. The bird was seen on the North side of the Pond toward the East end where there in a don't litter sign. I only saw it briefly and did not get pictures since I don't carry my camera while walking the dog. There in no feeder here although I'm thinking of hanging one up.
Steve Larson

Northglenn, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment