Friday 24 April 2015

[cobirds] Northern Parula -- Pueblo 4/24

Around 7am, I saw a Northern Parula in the first group of Yellow-rumped Warblers I looked at, in the eastern part of the Osprey Picnic Area, in Rock Canyon, below Pueblo Reservoir (Pueblo County).  I thought, this might be a start to more rarities, though, I didn't find much else, except for an Orange-crowned Warbler.  Unfortunately, the Parula wasn't re-found later, though probably still around somewhere.  This bird was way high in the trees, I spotted it, because of its small size, compared with the Yellow-rumped Warblers.  I didn't hear it sing or call.  Good luck looking over the Yellow-rumped Warblers this weekend, I'm sure there will be things with them, if you are in the right spot at the right time.
 

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment