Sunday 26 April 2015

[cobirds] Golden wings to Warbler, Jefferson County

While looking along the Main reservoir trail, I did hear a song that fit what I had heard on my Ibird app for a golden winged warbler. I looked up, saw black-and-white on the face, some white underneath the chin and a heavy golden bar on the wing. There was no yellow in the tail.
I saw the bird from the side and didn't see a gold cap. I see white under the chin of the female golden winged warbler and also think I could have been seeing the heavy white stripe lower on the face causing me to think I saw a white under the chin. (it all happened so fast, Officer!)
So, I didn't post because of my concerns about my identification, but because I heard the bird's song matching my Ibird recording first and looked to see it, I feel fairly confident about my ID. (Nope, I didn't think it was a yellow rumped).
The bird few quickly after I spotted it and did not reappear for anyone else to confirm my suspicions.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it, Deb Carstensen, Littleton, Arapahoe County.
Sent from my iPhone

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/8FEF8A0C-CECA-4529-88BE-2DDAC9DA87AB%40aol.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment