Friday 23 December 2022

Re: [cobirds] Adams, Weld and Morgan counties eBird sightings

I have a list of birds that have not been put on eBird that goes back to fall of 2021 here in Eagle County.  I have tried to contact a few people that I know who are connected with eBird and their reply to me was that they could not help.

I go out most every day of the year and do the best that I can to list the birds that I see hear.  I try my best to get photographs and sound recordings for documentation.  I am an average birder and photographer however I am continually learning as I go.  I make plenty of mistakes and when I get a correction from an eBird reviewer I quickly correct the list in question and thank the reviewer for the heads up.  Many reviewers from around the world are nice enough to point out why my observation is wrong.  I never get anything from the reviewers in Colorado.  Some of my sightings never get posted to eBird and I am very frustrated about that.  If I list something and it is incorrect, it just gets ignored and I never know why.  If I get the sighting wrong, please let me know.  I see many rare observations listed that have NO documentation at all and yet they are listed.   I feel that eBird doesn't care or appreciate my contributions.  I just want credit where credit is due, and I want my photos and audios to go into the Macaulay Library so they can be used.


JoAnn Potter Riggle

Frustrated in 

Eagle, Eagle County, Colorado


On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 7:28:20 AM UTC-7 dsud...@gmail.com wrote:
I think this is an important need, too - (somewhat) timely review of all the records. But it is hard to look past the screen to the review-side of things to sense the workload. Nonetheless, the increasing use of eBird as pictured in the graphs I shared on CoBirds a little while back suggest a need for more reviewers, as in frequently birded counties like Adams it is a busy task. Still, those counties probably also have more people who could serve well as eBird reviewers. The number of records in a review queue can get daunting, and old records slip down out of view several screens back. 

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 3:16 PM Susan Rosine <u5b2...@gmail.com> wrote:
For Christmas all I want is all my Unconfirmed sightings going back to MAY to be approved. 
I have heard from other birders (mainly through Facebook) that there are several other "problem" counties. I don't know if more reviewers are needed? I know it's a volunteer job, and a thankless one, but if people aren't interested in doing it anymore, shouldn't there be some sort of mechanism to let eBirders know that new volunteers are needed? 
Most of my Adams County ones are super easy, because they were at Bird Banding at Barr Lake. In previous years they were approved super fast. 

Okay, rant over,
Happy Holidays!
Susan Rosine
Brighton, Adams County 

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cob...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CACPnx8UAhPV1pqXEkQ1-c8Er-XTCD1na9zg7rMU%2BZEFRCtd1Qw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/408151a3-7eeb-4111-93de-ab369644aef6n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment