Wednesday 7 December 2022

[cobirds] Re: problem posting to ebird

I had a different problem.  At first the app worked fine.  When I tried entering a second observation, though, the app froze.  And when I tried starting a different checklist, there were absolutely no birds listed. Entering a bird name yielded nothing. The same happened with several new checklists.  Turning the iPhone off and then back on didn't fix the problem.  I deleted the app and then reinstalled it.  For now, it works.

On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 3:23:38 PM UTC-7 charliea...@gmail.com wrote:
I use ebird frequently, but today I had a problem posting an observation.  I researched on ebird and sent a request for help but it looks like it might be days for a reply.

Here's the problem:  When I add an observation such as 3 house finch  or  3 hofi  the auto ID line says "can't find your bird?' and when I press that and then press "search all species" it ends my session.  App is up to date, Merlin works fine and the locations I've tried I've used many times before.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Charlie Paterson

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/3b5b0451-9f4d-4ffa-ad17-580915666898n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment