Thursday 29 December 2022

[cobirds] Boulder County Pinyon Jay Access Advisory

Hello all,

Today I made a foolhardy effort to try and locate the pinyon jays on Thomas Lane. The heavy snow kept them buried in the pines so no luck was had. I did manage to speak to the guy whose trees they are currently inhabiting as he was plowing the road. I asked if I might walk down the lane that leads to his property and he said he would rather I not as people have been scaring them away and it takes a couple days for them to return.

I let him know that I totally understand and will take my chances in better weather from the road. This makes it sound to me as if some folks have been walking up the private lane to his house, or maybe it's just been him accidentally scaring them away. Either way, I just wanted to let folks know the home owners wishes so we don't make a bad name for ourselves and become a nuisance while chasing those ever elusive feathers.

Have fun out there,
Jeremy Alcorn
Boulder County

If this is a duplicate message, my apologies. I sent the first as an email and not a "new conversation." Newbie at the controls here.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds?hl=en?hl=en
* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/CFO/Membership/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/7a1bdd87-85e8-49b3-aa0b-5278e62b5552n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment