Thursday 29 November 2018

[cobirds] Re: Long-Eared Owls/Wellington

Eric, My initial reading of the post by Joe gave me the impression he was telling her to walk among the trees to flush them. I reread it and I can see why you read it differently. I went on a bird trip a couple of years ago and the leader indeed had us walk among trees to flush the owls. This was at Barr Lake. I had never heard of such a thing and could not believe people do it. I agree, keep owl talk private and please don't flush them.

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 6:20:45 PM UTC-7, joe.ki...@gmail.com wrote:
Natalie,
I think that your best bet would be to walk along that row of juniper trees that runs along the south side of CR60, just west of the parking area.
If you walk through those trees you might flush them.
Good luck!

On Saturday, November 24, 2018 at 10:54:09 AM UTC-7, Natalie P. wrote:
Good morning!

Does anyone have any pointers for finding the Long-Eared Owls in the Schware Unit?

Thank you!
Natalie

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/7f28197a-7fc2-4488-972d-3544643a5bf0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment