Thursday 29 November 2018

[cobirds] Re: Long-Eared Owls/Wellington


On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 8:38:50 PM UTC-7, John Shenot wrote:
For the record, I didn't mean to chastise or embarrass the person who posted this. I meant to educate newer birders/posters on an important point about birding ethics.

I'm not perfect, I've done things I regret, and I still have so much to learn.

I apologize if my tone was harsh.

John Shenot
Fort Collins
 
John, I want you to know that I did not take offense to your post, and I definitely appreciate your concern for the owls. You are certainly right that we probably shouldn't give specific details about roosting locations on a public list serve like this. Thank you for reminding everybody of the ethical way to go about owling. Just for the record, I probably could have worded my post better - I don't want anyone to approach the owls closely enough to make them leave their daytime roost. Maybe it would be better just to drive along the road and view from the car, that way the owls have more privacy.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cobirds+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to cobirds@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/e9ecc1a6-1ca0-4763-922e-335437c6e15d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment